Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hiking Trip Gone Bad

Well....last weekend I had a hiking trip that I will never forget. Theresa and I  left Chapin early on Saturday morning, headed up to Clemson to see our baby girl. I was told that we were going to pick up Amanda at her "new" house and then head to the mountains for a great day of hiking.  Somewhere along the way our hiking trip veered off course and turned into something completely unexpected. If I were a betting man, I would wager that my two travel partners only fed me the parts of the plan that they thought would lure me in. 

So as the trip unfolds we end up in a cool little mountain town called Highlands.  I thought we were going there for lunch and then head to the trails! Silly me....  Heck no! We hit just about every little shop up and down the main drag in Highlands.  Luckily for you, I took a few pictures so you could see this great "hiking" trip.  Sure glad I wore my boots. 

Anyway a few pics below captured the event fairly well.  If you want more details just post a comment....

My Shoppers!!  The guy behind the camera is not smiling.
 
We saw wonderful things like carrot shaped scrubbers!
 
I knew things were headed south when Amanda started talking to this wood carving!
 
We also found scented beans that you can buy in Bulk!  How nice!

I needed real AMERICAN nourishment after shopping for so long! In my opinion, this was the best part of the afternoon.

 

After lunch Theresa spilled her drink.  It landed perfectly upside down with the water STILL INSIDE!  This was a sign from God that this trip was meant to be.  Is this amazing or what?  Can you see the water inside? I calmed down after this. I took a knee and did two "Hail Marys".

This is as close as we got to "hiking". Taking pictures from the road.  La Te Da!  Well, in this picture Amanda was helping these nice strangers by taking a photo, all the while avoiding oncoming traffic.  Looks like the mountain air made this guy a little frisky! Hey! STOP THAT!
 
After we bought all the junk, I had to help them hang it!  EXACTLY as they told me to.


2 comments:

  1. I love your blog and I am laughing out loud right now. Welcome to the world of blogging, I need to get back in the swing of things here.

    ReplyDelete