Monday, April 23, 2012

Good News. Bad News

Below is a brief update on the bird nest in my garage:
The eggs have hatched and there are hungry little birds in our garage.
It's a miracle that Hunter has not climbed the walls to knock this nest down.  He goes CRAZY when a bird gets stuck in our garage.

I had to get on a ladder to shoot these photos.  This is about as good a shot as I could get without disturbing the nest. 

This is the female that laid the eggs.  She is watching me take pictures of her little ones.  I think it's safe to say that she does not like me.  So the good news is that all 5 eggs have hatched.  The bad news is that when I walked by the nest tonight, 2 of the young ones had been kicked out of the nest.  It was cold last night and I assume they died in the nest and the adult female pushed them out.  Let's hope the other 3 make it....

HEADS UP to all.  I have never been one to talk much publicly about my political viewpoints.  I think I have finally come to the realization that if  you and I don't start getting more involved and more vocal about our political views, we will never get back on the track that lead our country to greatness.  So, in future blogs I will begin to post a few comments that I hope you will like, or at least consider as we head into a critical election period.  I promise not to get on a soap box or ramble on.  Just basic stuff, short and sweet.  just sayin'........ 

I hope I don't lose all 3 of my loyal followers for this.  LOL!

3 comments:

  1. WOo Hoo Randis....I fed Hunter some stuffed shells last night to keep him away from the babies.... He agreed..... Can't wait on more of your posts....
    PS Love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Leslie! Thanks for stopping by for dinner and to wish Nick well. You and Jim are the best!!

      Don't worry, more posts to follow

      Delete