Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Slinky Undone!

The recent trip to Ohio was a LOT of FUN. I needed the R & R, for sure!  Something about being IN nature seems to keep me sane. I was wound up tighter than a Slinky before I left.

Below are a few pics from the trip.  As you might notice, there aren't a lot of fish photos.  Welllllll, that's because.......I didn't catch many fish.  But hey! Who wants to see a bunch of fish anyway? The good news for you?...that didn't stop me from pushing the button on my camera!
This sums up my stress level during the trip!


The New River was muddy but I eventually found this clear feeder stream.
....a lucky find! It prevented the dreaded fishing shutout. 
  
I caught 4 smallmouth in 1 small area of the stream above.
.....a GREAT morning before the drive to Ohio.


A sandy beach on the shores of Lake Erie.
Look!  I'm taller than a lighthouse!!
 

One of the great things about kayaking is that 
you can get very close to mother nature. 
 


....just before she decided I was too close and went airborne. 
How is this for "god's camo"?
This great blue heron blends in well.
  
You stay there, I'll stay here.....OK? 
If you zoom in you can see part of another
snake in the gap between the boulders.
 
They don't let jet skiers get this close!
That is brother Jim and a white heron on Lake Erie.


 See Waldo (Jim again) in the Lilly Pads?
Does this look like a good idea to you?
Did you see Mr. Snake in an earlier photo?
 
Well that's about enough to put y'all to sleep.  I will post more about my family and a few other "goodies" regarding the trip at another time.  Stay tuned!   



No comments:

Post a Comment