Monday, February 20, 2012

A Little Winter Work....update

A quick update on the spare bedroom remodel.  Although it may not look like much, I've been working on a lot of little things.  Take a look below.

I added this baseboad over the weekend.  When I ripped out the old shelving unit, there was no, none, zero baseboad behind it.  So  I had to add some along this wall, as well as the adjacent wall.  Theresa wanted to know if I could do this without any seams.  Ummmm, unless they make baseboard in 18' lengths,......I think NOT.  But, especially for you (a potential guest), I've tried to make the seams as bearable as possible. 


I also added this moulding where the walls meet the ceiling.  The jokers that built this place didn't create a very straight line where the two meet.  So, to clean up the look, we added a simple piece of trim.  Again, WITH seams. I don't think seams can wake you up at night.......you'll be fine. 

 Not sure why I included this picture.  The outside temps have been fairly warm and I have been able to work with the windows open.  Also, this is your fire escape should someone set the lower part of the house on fire......which is a possibility with all the candles Theresa like to burn.  I will train you on how to use the rope ladder when you arrive. 


So as you might have guessed we are going to paint the room blue.  Makes sense for a "lake themed" room, doesn't it?  Well, now is your chance to vote.  Since you will probably be spending more time in this room than I will, you need to speak now or forever hold your anchor.  Otherwise, BLUE is the color.
We are keeping the white trim no matter WHAT you say.  Ha! Ha!

Hope all of you are well.  I'll post again once we've made a bit more progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment